Delisle operates Centralized Access to Residential Services (CARS) program on behalf of the Toronto office of the Ministry of Children and Youth Services. CARS provides a single point of entry for residential placement, eliminating the need for parents and case manages to call multiple residences to find openings.
Our database contains up-to-date data for every mental health residential program in Toronto, making it easier to match a child's needs with the appropriate facility.
CARS provides a variety of important services such as:
- Managing referrals to all mental health residential beds for children and youth in Toronto
- Matching individual requests for residential treatment with the most appropriate providers
- Monitoring response times and confirming admissions
- Tracking clients in placement
- Recording discharges
- Monitoring available resources
- Providing accurate overall system-based information for residential services
Every year CARS processes referrals for 400-500 clients aged 6-18, making approximately 1,300 requests for residential placement, typically leading to actual placement for about 200 clients.
To contact CARS, please phone us at 416-482-7884.